Your home is on the market and you really want to sell but no matter how hard you try to keep your home looking perfect, people will want to view your home when you aren't ready. Remember every showing is a possibility to sell your home and since you don’t know which one is the right one, it is important to treat them all the same and make your home look its best.
These tips will help you prepare your home for a last-minute showing.
- Make the beds.
- Grab a laundry basket or box and fill it with anything sitting around then put it in your car.
- Empty all trash cans.
- Put out your “show” towels in kitchen and baths.
- Close all the toilet seats.
- Turn on all the lights.
- Put all dirty dishes in the dishwasher. Don’t worry about rinsing them first.
- Sweep floors and vacuum high traffic areas.
- Wipe down kitchen counters.
- Sweep the front porch or steps that access the home.
- It’s amazing how quickly you can clean with a wipe. Keep a container handy and then grab a couple to wipe most noticeable surfaces.
- A wipe can also spot clean floors.
- Grab the pets, kids and whatever else might distract a prospective buyer and leave before they arrive.
This is not a full cleaning, just a quick touch up when you have last minute showing. Doing a deep cleaning and decluttering prior to listing your home will make it much easier for you to prepare for a last minute showing when you need to.
The Janis Penick Team
The Janis Penick Team is your ultimate real estate resource for Bastrop, Cedar Creek and Smithville, TX.
Image provided by erikawittlieb/pixabay.com