When homeowners start thinking about updates, one of the most popular changes is outdoor living space. With the pandemic, the popularity of outdoor living spaces is even more since many people aren’t comfortable having others inside their home. If you are thinking about elevating your outdoor living space, here are some options.
1) One of the biggest trends that has been going strong for a while and shows no sign of slowing is the outdoor kitchen. Outdoor kitchens provide the perfect space for entertaining and keeps the heat from cooking outside during the warm months. Many homebuyers are attracted to this outdoor space and it can increase interest in your home.
2) Another popular trend is true outdoor living spaces that include comfortable seating areas, fireplaces and firepits. With the Covid pandemic, homeowners are finding ways to utilize their outdoor living spaces year-round so they can still gather with family and friends while maintaining social distance.
3) In some of the warmer U.S. states, outdoor showers have been on the rise. Not only does this feature give your home a beach-themed feel, it is a great place to clean-up kids, it is a refreshing place to cool off on a warm summer day while working in the garden, and it can be an ideal place for showering your outdoor pets.
4) Pergolas have seen an increase in popularity recently due to their versatility and affordability. Not only can a pergola be built or installed in one weekend, it can offer an great shade so you can be outside more during the warmest months of the year.
5) Another major trend is backyard cottages. These detached units have been on the rise due to their versatility. Some people are using this to house older relatives, as a home office, gym or as a temporary residence to rent for extra income.
While some of these trends may more and take longer to construct, they can add wonderful space and value to your home.
The Janis Penick Team
RE/MAX Bastrop Area
Serving Bastrop, Cedar Creek and Smithville
Get your latest Home Value
Search for your New Home
Let’s Connect, Socially!
The Janis Penick Team is your ultimate real estate resource for Bastrop, Cedar Creek and Smithville, TX.