If you have decided to list your Bastrop home during the fall season, there are many things you will want to do to make sure you home is ready for its open house. Fall can be a really cozy time of year and little touches that make those coming to the open house feel at home will make a big difference. Appealing to a variety of senses is a great way to way to catch the attention and make your home memorable to those that attend the open house.
- Serve a warm beverage such as apple cider. If it is cool outside, a hot drink will be a welcome treat as buyers come inside.
- Turn on soft music in the background. Instrumental music makes the best choice. It shouldn’t be something distracting but just something that plays quietly while buyers wander through your home. If you have surround sound in your home, this is a nice way to feature that but even if you don’t, it is still a nice touch.
- If you have a fireplace, make sure it is burning for the open house. There is nothing quite as cozy as a fire burning on a cool day. Take advantage of this to make your home look its best and showcase your fireplace.
- Add a fragrance to your home that will make it stand out. This can be a candle, aroma diffuser or other item. Remember that less is more. Some people are sensitive to fragrances so you don’t want to force any buyers to leave your home before they have a good chance to fall in love with it.
- Make sure your yard is well manicured. Bushes should be trimmed, grass mowed and your yard leaf free. The leaves at your house may be falling as fast as you rake them but make sure your yard is clear before the open house. If you have flower beds that aren’t blooming this time of year, consider adding some potted plants for a pop of color before your open house. Mums and pansies both do well in cooler temperatures and look really nice in the fall. Fresh mulch or pine straw also looks really attractive if yours are faded and old.
- Add some seasonal decorations to the exterior of your home. This doesn’t have to be over the top but a festive wreath or pumpkin can really catch the attention of buyers and make a nice presentation.
It shouldn’t take an overwhelming amount of time to make your home look its best. A little time in the yard and a quick setup inside will make all the difference when buyers step inside. If you want to discuss other things you should do when you are ready to sell your home, call us today and let’s discuss how we can help you sell your home no matter what the season.
The Janis Penick Team
RE/MAX Bastrop Area
Serving Bastrop, Cedar Creek and Smithville
Get your latest Home Value
Search for your New Home
Let’s Connect, Socially!
The Janis Penick Team is your ultimate real estate resource for Bastrop, Cedar Creek and Smithville, TX.