If you are planning an upcoming remodel at your home, the kitchen is one of the most popular rooms to remodel. With kitchen remodels ranging greatly in price, you will want to take time to decide exactly what you want before you begin the process. If you are on a tight budget and can’t do a full kitchen remodel, you may want to consider waiting instead of spending money on changes that won’t satisfy you long term but there is still lots you can do on a reasonable budget.
If your budget is large enough to accommodate the project you want to complete, the next step is to decide what you want to change in your kitchen. It is important to think about future owners of your home when you complete a remodel. While you may love your home today, you won’t be there forever and want to make sure you make changes that are appealing to others as well.
- Granite, solid surface and butcher block countertops all have loyal followings and offer great advantages.
- Sleek appliances. Stainless is still popular but black stainless is showing up frequently as are some custom color options.
- As people declutter more, open shelving has become more popular for your most frequently used items. Consider one wall with open shelving and traditional cabinets for the rest of the kitchen if you are ready to expose everything.
- Statement sinks pop up more today while farmhouse and stainless options still maintain a strong presence as well.
- Add a statement color in a small amount. A colorful island, painted ceiling, or bright table can make a large impact in an otherwise neutral space.
- Technology is in the kitchen too with Bluetooth syncing to refrigerators and ovens becoming more common.
- Integrated appliances hidden behind paneling and built-ins make your kitchen a true designer space.
- Cabinets have seen an upgrade with new shapes and sizes like deep drawers for storing pots and pans near the cooktop.
It can be tempting to pack everything you love into your kitchen but don’t overdo it. While several of these trends can be easily incorporated in your kitchen remodel, don’t attempt them all. Pinterest and houzz both provide great resources to search for ideas so you can determine what you like and what you don’t. Even if your budget doesn’t allow for a complete remodel with everything ripped out, you can make many changes on a budget. Fresh paint, refinished cabinets and updated appliances can make a big difference with a much smaller price tag. If you need the recommendation of a professional to assist with your remodel, give us a call today.
The Janis Penick Team
RE/MAX Bastrop Area
Serving Bastrop, Cedar Creek and Smithville
Get your latest Home Value
Search for your New Home
Let’s Connect, Socially!
The Janis Penick Team is your ultimate real estate resource for Bastrop, Cedar Creek and Smithville, TX.