Hi There! Is this Your First Time?
Did you know if you Register you have access to free search tools including the ability to save listings and property searches? Did you know that you can bypass the search altogether and have listings sent directly to your email address? Check out our how-to page for more info.
1508 Church Street, Bastrop
The Crown Jewel of Bastrop County! This historic Queen Victorian treasure has been meticulously restored and is waiting for her new owners to continue the tradition of preserving the history of this special estate. Captain and Mrs. B. D. Orgain built and occupied this elegant residence in 1888 and it was the center for social and cultural gatherings in Bastrop. It was recognized in the National Register of Historic Places in 1976 and the Texas Historical Commission in 1981. The home includes 5 bedrooms, one on the main level and 4 on the second level. There are 5.5 baths. The main home is 6251sf per floor plan. The original music room has been converted to an office/library and the parlor now serves as the living room. The spacious dining room is ideal for large family gatherings or entertaining. The kitchen has been modernized with granite counters, Viking appliances, an abundance of cabinets, and a center island with a gas cook-top. The breakfast area accommodates a large farm table and is the perfect gathering place. It features a double-sided fireplace which also opens to the family room. An antique English bar and the stained glass back door are the focal points of this room. The grounds are beautifully landscaped, sprinkled with crape myrtles and towering pecan trees provide shade and seasonal pecans! Enjoy the sparkling swimming pool, spa, and outdoor kitchen with access from an inviting screened porch. Two detached cottages (1494sf per floor plan) provide additional space for multi-generational families, guests or may be used for rental income. Both have living areas, kitchens and are configured with 1 bedroom, 1 bath, and 2 bedrooms, 2 baths respectively. A stroll from downtown Bastrop!
- MLS #3257339
- Full Baths5
- Half Baths1
- Square Footage7,745
- Year Built1888
- Sub-TypeSingle Family Residence
- UtilitiesCable Available, Electricity Connected, Natural Gas Connected, High Speed Internet Available, Sewer Connected, Water Connected, Phone Connected
- FeaturesInternet Access, Library, Playground, Park, Trails/Paths, Dog Park, Fishing, Restaurant, Tennis Court(s)
- ParkingDetached, Garage, Garage Faces Side, Door-Multi, Garage Door Opener
- # of Garages4
- GaragesGarage Door Opener
- ViewNeighborhood, Trees/Woods, City
- Has PoolYes
- Exterior FeaturesPrivate Yard, Barbecue, Exterior Steps, Gas Grill, Outdoor Grill, Private Entrance
- Lot DescriptionCity Lot, Front Yard, Level, Many Trees, Sprinklers Automatic, Sprinklers In Ground, Trees Large Size, Trees Medium Size, Corner Lot, Landscaped
- RoofComposition, Shingle
- ConstructionFrame, Wood Siding
- Address1508 Church Street
- SubdivisionMorris Add
- Zip Code78602
- InteriorCarpet, Tile, Wood
- AppliancesBuilt-In Electric Oven, Convection Oven, Dryer, Gas Cooktop, Disposal, Microwave, Refrigerator, Washer, Double Oven, Down Draft, Electric Water Heater, Self Cleaning Oven
- HeatingCentral, Forced Air, Natural Gas, Zoned
- # of Fireplaces7
- FireplacesBedroom, Family Room, Living Room, Dining Room, Gas Log, Library, Master Bedroom
- # of Stories2
- DistrictBastrop ISD
Property Listed by: Kuper Sotheby's Itl Rlty
The information being provided is for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.
Based on information from the Austin Board of REALTORS® (alternatively, from ACTRIS) from September 19th, 2021 at 5:01pm CDT. Neither the Board nor ACTRIS guarantees or is in any way responsible for its accuracy. The Austin Board of REALTORS®, ACTRIS and their affiliates provide the MLS and all content therein "AS IS" and without any warranty, express or implied. Data maintained by the Board or ACTRIS may not reflect all real estate activity in the market.
All information provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed and should be independently verified.